This is something that my graduate school professor at University of Pennsylvania gave to our class. This is a questionnaire from the LGBT Health Disparities Class at Drexel University. I’m not posting this to start any kind of discussion or argument, I’m posting this in the hopes that this will help people (not just those against equal marriage rights, I mean ANYONE) think a little bit differently and a little more openly. Please don’t post any negative comments, as I will not answer them. Just figured a lot of you would want to see this. This was also published in the Philadelphia Inquirer.
1. What do you think caused your heterosexuality?
2. When and how did you first decide you were heterosexual?
3. Is it possible your heterosexuality is just a phase you may grow out of?
4. Is it possible that your heterosexuality stems from a fear of others of the same sex?
5. If you have never slept with a member of your own sex, is it possible that you might be gay if you tried it?
6. If heterosexuality is ‘normal,’ why are so many mental patients heterosexual?
7. Why do you flaunt your heterosexuality? Can’t you just be who you are and keep it quiet?
8. Why do you heterosexual people try to seduce others into your lifestyle?
9. The great majority of child molesters are heterosexual. Do you consider it safe to expose your children to heterosexual teachers?
10. With all the societal support that marriage receives, the divorce rate is spiraling. Why are there so few stable relationships among heterosexual people?
11. Why are heterosexual people so promiscuous?
12. Would you want your children to be heterosexual, knowing the problems they would face, such as heartbreak, disease, and divorce?